Learn how I passed NCLEX first try with 75 questions. The NCLEX exam is the test that most nursing students dread after graduation. New nurse graduates must pass this exam in order to fully practice as a licensed RN or LPN.
In this video, I’ll reveal the exact method I used to prepare for the NCLEX exam, including the NCLEX review guides used, my study log, how I approached NCLEX practice tests, and more.
When I was in nursing school, I created a study log to record the actual time I spent studying, which you can view here: http://www.registerednursern.com/my-hesi-nclex-rn-study-log-hours-the-books-i-use-to-study/
Here are the key points to remember as you consider your NCLEX test-taking strategy.
1. Start early. You never know what might happen after graduation. I secured my first official job as a nurse (which I was able to get by doing an extern program) just days after I graduated.
While I had to take many HESI practice tests during school, I officially began preparing for NCLEX on December 11th, and I graduated in May.
2. I used both a HESI review guide and NCLEX review guide, which I highly recomend. I’d take many practice tests, look at rationales, and so forth.
3. I’d use both review guides to compare things like symptoms, patho, etc.
4. Learning the patho is your secret weapon to passing the NCLEX. If you can understand the patho of the major diseases, you can usually find the right answer to the question, even if you don’t remember the specifics.
5. I would use software that came with the NCLEX study guide to find my weak areas, and then I’d study those areas individually.
6. I shifted my strategy in the last week before NCLEX. I not only took some time off work to prepare, but I also shifted from studying my weak areas to practicing comprehensive tests.
7. If you do fail NCLEX, I offer some tips for you as well. Some of the best nurses I’ve known have failed the NCLEX exam, so don’t let a temporary failure prevent you from achieving your dream of becoming a nurse.
Full article: http://www.registerednursern.com/pass-nclex-first-try-75-questions/
Nursing School Supplies: http://www.registerednursern.com/the-ultimate-list-of-nursing-medical-supplies-and-items-a-new-nurse-student-nurse-needs-to-buy/
Visit our website RegisteredNurseRN.com for free quizzes, nursing care plans, salary information, job search, and much more: http://www.registerednursern.com
Check out other Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/RegisteredNurseRN/videos
All of our videos in a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAhHxt663pU&list=PLQrdx7rRsKfXMveRcN4df0bad3ugEaQnk
NCLEX Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfWtwCDmLHyX2UeHofCIcgo0
Fluid & Electrolytes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfWJSZ9pL8L3Q1dzdlxUzeKv
Nursing Skills: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfUhd_qQYEbp0Eab3uUKhgKb
Nursing School Study Tips: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfWBO40qeDmmaMwMHJEWc9Ms
Nursing School Tips & Questions” https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfVQok-t1X5ZMGgQr3IMBY9M
Teaching Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfUkW_DpJekN_Y0lFkVNFyVF
Types of Nursing Specialties: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfW8dRD72gUFa5W7XdfoxArp
Healthcare Salary Information: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfVN0vmEP59Tx2bIaB_3Qhdh
New Nurse Tips: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfVTqH6LIoAD2zROuzX9GXZy
Nursing Career Help: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfVXjptWyvj2sx1k1587B_pj
EKG Teaching Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfU-A9UTclI0tOYrNJ1N5SNt
Dosage & Calculations for Nurses: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfUYdl0TZQ0Tc2-hLlXlHNXq
Diabetes Health Managment: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQrdx7rRsKfXtEx17D7zC1efmWIX-iIs9